Monday, November 17, 2008

15 Days. 6th Day in Dallas.

It's time to have her wake up. She is still on the ventilator and the doctor has completely removed her sedatives. We were trying to wake her up today.  She somewhat opens her eyes when her name is called, but closes them right away.  Her white count is down to almost normal which is great news, we have been waiting for that to come down.  Her kidney function has gone down and we hope they will kick in and start removing some of the sedation out of her body and get back to normal too.  We hope that tomorrow she is more alert and they can start weaning her off the ventilator.  It has been 2 weeks and too long.  Her 13 grandchildren and 7 children want their Nana and Mama back.

Prayer Request:  Pneumonia to be gone.  Kidneys to fully functional.  To wake up.  To breathe on her own.  We covet your prayers and are so thankful to all that have stood with us during this time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for your full recovery. Mark and Christie Wyatt

Robin said...

God is good, and He is faithful!! He will heal you, bring you to full recovery and you will once again be the woman who is so full of life and walks in the joy of the Lord! I have been recovering from my own illness, but will see you soon!!!
I love you sooooo much!
Robin

Anonymous said...

The past 14 yrs we've shared in each others lifes through our son's lives, loves and trials. The Lord says we are to mourn with thoughs that mourn and rejoice with those that are rejoicing. I have done both with you dear friend and have prayed for the recovery of your health each day. I pray for the angela's to heal and comfort you. I pray the Lord will be kind and merciful that He may restore a new, a friend that has been here for me in all things. May His love never stop pouring upon you, to continue restoring you to your health and happiness. May all we've learned through this bring us closer to those we love. Tami Lieu :)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I am constantly thinking about you. You will overcome this, I know you can.
I have faith & confidence in your ability to overcome this huge crucible in your life. My prayers are with you daily.
Love you Shelia
Sister Christian

Anonymous said...

Hi its me Hannah, I hope you start feeling better. O and Sean we miss you at siminary. We love you guys, I just don't know how I am going to get your Christmas treat basket to dallas. Well I have to go but I will get on agin soon. Love ya